There are many aspects of vacationing in South Florida. From the culture and rich history of Miami to the clubs and museums of South Beach. One thing that sets Palm Beach apart is its rich history and intact neighborhoods. This Palm Beach area guide will provide you with helpful travel tips on local resorts, where to stay, explore, and have a good time.
Palm Beach Overview
If you are looking for a laid-back escape, Palm Beach is the place to go. This lushly green county is known for its stunning beach towns and opulent estates, but it’s also home to some great weekend getaways. Here are our top picks for a fun-filled weekender in Palm Beach:
The Quiet Resort Areas:
Widely considered the royalty of Palm Beach County, the wealthy resort areas offer a more subdued experience than the more tourist-focused areas. While there are plenty of thumping clubs and bustling shopping districts to be found here, these resorts often offer more tranquil hideaways perfect for relaxation and renewal. Choose from chic lakeside villas or sprawling country estates – whichever appeals to your lifestyle.
The Cultural Sensations:
If an escape from reality is what you are after, look no further than the county’s many museums and venues dedicated to art, history, and culture. From elegant colonial estates to fascinating natural history museums, Palm Beach has something for everyone. Be sure to check out the county’s newly renovated Cleveland Clinic museum, which showcases exhibits on everything from medicine to music.
Whether you are an outdoor enthusiast or prefer to keep active with a favorite hobby, you will enjoy all the choices Palm Beach has to offer. The Breakers has golfers, runners, cyclists, and strollers all in search of a little exercise, while Roland Garros International Tennis Championships is one of the year’s most anticipated events. If you’d rather work out at a fitness facility instead, consider purchasing a membership at the Boca Raton fitness center or visit one of the area’s many gyms for sports and dance classes.
The History Buff:
Walk 100 years into Palm Beach County’s past with its numerous historical societies, museums, and state-recognized monuments. Explore sites from Native Florida to Spanish explorers and beyond through history tours and other programs offered by local historical groups. For those who enjoy antiquing, the quintessential stop in the Palm Beach County towns of West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, and Boynton Beach is along U.S. 1 (South Federal Highway) just north of Boynton’s 78th Street exit. In Boynton Beach, an old school building has transformed into the Boca Raton Antique Center–a retail outlet for all things antique.
Restaurants, Hotels, and Bed & Breakfasts
If you are looking for an amazing weekend getaway in Palm Beach, Florida, check out these recommendations!
1. Degustation restaurant Gary Dine is a must-eat spot for exquisite modern European cuisine. You will enjoy the beautifully designed and impeccably executed dishes here.
2. The Sundowner on Poinciana Island offers incredible views of the Atlantic Ocean from almost every table at their beachfront restaurant. Sample outstanding seafood and steak dishes here.
3. For a spa retreat experience, consider the luxurious The Spa at Biltmore Estate. You will find treatments like Nuad Boran body scrub and a Signature Facial with microdermabrasion, among others.
4. If you are staying in town, make reservations at celebrated French Laundry immediately. This opulent restaurant features inventive fine dining that’s unsurpassed in Palm Beach County.
5. A local favorite that features Latin-themed cuisine, The Capital Grille on Wellington Place is Palm Beach’s most luxurious dining experience.
6. When it comes to fine dining in beautiful locations, no one does it better than celebrity chef and Bistro Society founder Craig Favor. His Bouchon Bakery & Cafe Palm Beach is top-notch! Enjoy the best fresh loaves of bread imaginable.
7. Go back to the ’50s with reservations at Outback Steakhouse – An Australian Tradition (my vote for best name ever!). Classic steak and seafood dishes pair perfectly with their award-winning wine list.
8. For sophisticated evening dining in a classy atmosphere, make reservations for Kendall Jackson Winery Restaurant in Knowles Bridge Village.
Where to Stay?
If you are looking for a relaxing Palm Beach vacation and don’t want to spend a fortune, think about staying in a rental home. Dozens of rentals are listed on the rental site VRBO.com, with prices starting as low as $390 per night. Another option is to stay in a condo or house vacation rentals located in some of the most popular areas, like The Breakers, Links at Ocean Reef Club, and the Wellington Hotel. Prices for these accommodations start at around $80 per night. No matter where you decide to stay in Palm Beach, be sure to take advantage of all of the town’s attractions and activities.
The Breakers Palm Beach
The Breakers Palm Beach is a luxury hotel located in the heart of Palm Beach. It has stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and offers a variety of amenities, including an indoor pool, a spa, and a fitness center. It is also close to several popular tourist destinations, including Mar-a-Lago and Trump National Golf Club.
The Chesterfield Hotel
The Chesterfield Hotel is a luxurious hotel in Palm Beach that offers great value for your money. It has a pool, tennis courts, and a beachfront view. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly and attentive. There are many amenities available at the hotel, including a spa, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel is a great place to stay in Palm Beach if you’re looking for something less pricey than The Breakers. The room and patio are both comfortable and affordable, making it an ideal choice for travelers on a budget. Plus, the location can’t be beat – just footsteps away from some of Palm Beach’s most popular spots.
The Colony Hotel
If you’re looking for a luxurious and comfortable stay in Palm Beach, The Colony Hotel is a great place to consider. It features an outdoor swimming pool, on-site restaurant, and colorful boutique hotel interior. Some of the facilities that the hotel offers include a fitness center, free high-speed internet access in all rooms, and a variety of guest amenities. Additionally, The Colony Hotel’s location makes it easy to get to all of the exciting things that Palm Beach has to offer.
Check out the Top 10 Best Hotels in Palm Beach
Here are few things you should consider doing while visiting Palm Beach:
- Take a stroll down Royal Poinciana Way and admire the beautiful landscaping and antique carousel that is housed inside the gardens at The Breakers; this is an experience not to be missed.
- Visit Lantana for a delicious lunch or dinner overlooking the ocean; try the award-winning lamb shank or rack of lamb
- If you are looking for something more active, hit up one of the town’s many beaches – from sandy Jupiter Island to powdery Atlantic Ocean beach – and relax by the sea
- Visit the historic clubhouse on King Philip Lane and take a Souvenir Tour that will reveal the history, fame, and fun of Palm Beach
What to Do?
Palm Beach is the ultimate destination for a weekend getaway. Whether you are looking for a quiet beach escape, an entertainment-filled hub, or an eclectic mix of both, there is something for everyone in this tropical paradise. Check out our guide to help plan your perfect weekend in Palm Beach!
• Make sure to visit one of the many local beaches – from the wide and sandy Strand to the scenic Mizner Park coast, Palm Beach County has something for everyone.
• If you are looking for some fun in the sun, check out one of the many beautiful pools and beachfront nightclubs located in Palm Beach County. From pool parties to live music venues, there’s something for everyone.
• Don’t forget about the shopping! Strolling down Palm Beach Avenue will give you a taste of everything from high-end fashion to eclectic souvenirs. Plus, nearby towns like West Palm Beach and Boca Raton have plenty of shops as well.
• Finally, don’t forget to enjoy all that Palm Beach County has to offer by visiting one of its many attractions – from world-famous golf courses to beautiful gardens.
Things to See and Do on a Rainy Day
If you are looking for an amazing way to spend a rainy day in Palm Beach, you should check out the following activities:
- Have lunch at the outdoor Deck at The Breakers, where you can enjoy great views of the ocean and sunsets while dining on fresh seafood.
- Walk around The Breakers estate, which was once owned by Marjorie Merriweather Post and is now a museum.
- Take a tour of the Palm Beach Museum of Art, where you will be able to explore over 700 paintings from centuries past.
- Climb Mount Tamarindo, an active volcano that can be reached by hiking.
Attractions and Landmarks in Palm Beach
Attractions and landmarks in Palm Beach include the beachfront estates of the rich and famous as well as some beautiful public parks. Here are seven places to explore this lovely town:
The Mar-a-Lago Club
The Mar-a-Lago Club legendary estate – home to Donald Trump and many other celebrities – lies on the magnificent Ocean Front Drive. Entry is by invitation only, but a nice walk along the beachfront should reveal much of what goes on here.
Palm Beach International Raceway
On Palm Beach’s east side is one of America’s most prestigious international racing tracks (the first race was run in 1891!). Today it offers simulcast races from several tracks across the country as well as live racing every day except Christmas Day (when the track closes at 4 p.m.).
One of Palm Beach’s newest communities, Wilton Manors stretches down to the water’s edge along the Intracoastal Waterway. Step inside as nature is restored through rainforest-inspired residential front porches and a wide variety of low-rise architecturally unique residences.
Juno Beach Floridian Club and Fitness Center
The Floridian’s pink sandy beach, tropical cove, and manicured butler’s paths welcome you to its 9 acres of Mediterranean style seaside resort all located within walking distance of Juno Beach, a beach town that occupies 140 acres in one of the more beautiful areas on Palm Beach’s main east coast highway.
Palm Beach Nightlife
Palm Beach is known for its nightlife and there are plenty of options. For things to do when you want to party. Whether you’re looking for a place to drink, dance, or just hang out with friends. The following list has something for everyone.
However, Palm Beach nightlife can be expensive, but there are plenty of ways to cut costs. If you’re looking for cheap drinks, head to the bars on Congress Avenue or south of Military Trail. If you want to save money on your dance clubbing experience, try out one of the many private clubs in town. You can also hit the nightclubs in West Palm Beach and Miami if you’re looking for a more upscale experience.
Palm Beach Events
When it comes to pub crawl events, Palm Beach is a hub for them. Dozens of different events take place throughout the year. Giving you lots of options for what kind of nightlife experience you want. From happy hours and beer pong contests at small pubs to themed nights at larger venues. There’s sure to be an event that suits your fancy.
Get up close and personal with the best nightlife in Palm Beach. Check out one of the city’s many discos, bars, and restaurants that host club nights and special events. When looking for a party pub crawl, it’s best to look into what promotes the most active form of promotion in your area.
Things that are NOT Allowed On South Beach, FL
- Camping gear
- Picnic tables and chairs
- Oversized coolers
In conclusion, Palm Beach is one of the most beautiful and luxurious places in America. Therefore, it’s easy to see why weekends there are known as “the days away”. This guide will show you everything you need to know about packing for a weekend in Palm Beach. From what type of clothing to pack to where to stay. However, you are planning on staying at one of the incredible beachfront properties or exploring everything else this amazing town has to offer.