Whether you’re spending a holiday weekend on Airbnb or if your backyard is just the best spot to enjoy some patio decompression, during these hot and humid times of the year, it is important to find furniture that’s going to hold up. Furniture frames built out of metal, wood, or plastic are hardy enough for anything mother nature might throw at them. Grab your hammocks in preparation for a good summer night’s sleep.
The summer months are synonymous with outdoor entertaining, and there’s no better way to indulge in good company than with some of the best outdoor furniture around. The weather is warm and inviting, and the décor can be as simple or elaborate as you like. So, without further ado, here are our top picks for the best outdoor furniture of the season:
1. This beautiful rattan bench is a great addition to any backyard patio. Patio made out of sturdy materials and comes in a variety of colors to fit any outdoor theme.
2. This teak table is perfect for serving up cocktails or snacks outdoors. It’s large and comfortable, and it folds up for easy storage when not in use.
3. This luxurious hammock is one of our favorite pieces of outdoor furniture. It’s light enough to carry around but sturdy enough to support your weight, making it great for lazy summer days spent lounging on the porch or patio.
4. This weather-resistant chaise lounge is perfect for smaller yards or patios where space is an issue. It’s simple yet stylish, and it comes with a built-in canopy to keep you cool on hot days.
Outdoor Furniture is Fun To Have
Outdoor furniture can be really fun to have. Whether it’s a nice, large deck with comfortable chairs and a table or just a couple of chairs and a table in your backyard, outdoor furniture can add some extra excitement and relaxation to your favorite spot.
Different Types Of Outdoor Furniture
Many different types of furniture can be used outdoors, and what works well for one person might not be the best choice for another. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Seating: One of the most popular options for outdoor seating is chairs. There are many different types of chairs that can be used, from lawn chairs to Adirondack chairs. Make sure to choose the right one for your situation and your guests.
Couches: Another outstanding option for outdoor seating is couches. They are comfortable and can easily accommodate small groups. Just make sure to choose a couch that will hold up to the elements (choose one made with materials that resist weathering).
Tables: Tables are another popular option for outdoor seating. They are versatile and can be used for plenty of activities, such as eating lunch or reading a book. Just make sure that the table is large enough to accommodate everyone.
Sofas: If you want something a little more comfortable than seats or tables, try sofas. They are perfect for lounging around and can double as extra beds if needed. Just be sure to choose a sofa made with materials that will withstand the elements.
Outdoor Privacy Options
Have you ever noticed that foliage grows quite low to the ground out on golf courses and lawns, making it easy to hide weapons or drugs? However, many people who wish to keep outsiders out of their property consider employing fences (especially privacy fences) as a good way to be certain they are conserving prohibited items. But are private fence solutions really worth the expense?
Here’s what you need to know about fencing and outdoor privacy:
Privacy fence varieties differ from another, and their price is dependent upon their ability for exterior shielding. Generally, steel fences are higher priced than wood fence alternatives. Plus they are significantly more quickly to construct or tear down with deer hunting issues around them. As soon as a section of your fence is made, it can be set up outdoors in as little as 2-4 days. On the flip side of the coin lies natural materials for stopping eyeballs from simply driving by on the street and body heat radiating from indoors to outside.
Fences from “outside” does not give ultimate protection against predators such as coyotes and bald eagles, but they will, without doubt, offer you a considerable degree of security if put just where it’s pretty useless to humans.
The Quality and Grading of Outdoor Furniture
If you are looking for high-quality outdoor furniture to enjoy during the summer season, you should consider investing in some of the brands that boast quality construction and durable materials.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Palliser Furniture is known for its innovative design, craftsmanship, and commitment to quality. All of its furniture is made from natural materials, like hardwood and wicker, that are resistant to weathering and fading.
2. August Grove creates all-natural furniture using sustainably harvested hardwoods including oak, ash, chestnut, beech, birch, and 10 other types of wood. Their furniture is also tested for strength and durability against severe weather conditions before it reaches consumers.
3. Cloud 9 Home offers pieces made from kiln-dried treated hardwood lumber that is sourced from ethical forests managed by National Forest Stewardship Council (NFSC) certified companies. The furniture is also protected with a water repellent finish for stain and water resistance in harsh weather conditions.
Safety of Your Outdoor Furniture and Accidents with Furniture
This is the time of year when outdoor furniture comes out to play. But with all the fun, come potential safety hazards. Here are a few tips to keep you and your belongings safe this season:
1. Inspect your furniture for Safety Risks Before You Sit Down
You may be tempted to take a seat on that comfy chaise lounge only to find out that there’s a big hole in it! For some unexpected dangers, take a look at your furniture before you use it. Check for tears in the fabric, sharp edges, and protrusions that could cause injuries if someone sits on them wrong.
2. Secure Your Furniture Before You Go Out
Even if your furniture appears to be in good condition, don’t take chances. Security features like locking mechanisms can help make sure that no one can accidentally damage or steal your furniture while you are away. If possible, also bring along an extra key so you can easily access your furniture if you need to move it during the night or in bad weather conditions.
3. Use Common Sense When Enjoying Your Outdoor Furniture
Just because it’s outside doesn’t mean you’re immune to accidents. Sit down on it, use it as a step stool, stretch out and relax and be careful how you move around the furniture. Children can be particularly curious about some pieces of outdoor furniture like kiddie swings even until your new neighbor’s little brother visits with his flying robot kit for the weekend. Be sure to follow proper maintenance routines for any outdoor furniture to help safeguard your investment.
Tips for Buying Outside Furniture
Here are some tips to make buying outdoor furniture a breeze:
1. Plan your space- Before you go shopping for patio furniture, make sure to take into account the size and shape of your space. Some pieces, like saggy recliners, are simply not going to look good in a narrow space.
2. Consider color- While there’s no saying that outdoor furniture has to be all white or all brown, it can be helpful to consider which colors will look best in your specific space. For example, if you have a green lawn nearby, opting for greenery-colored furniture will help tie the two together while still looking chic.
3. Think long-term- Not everything needs to be on the front porch or deck right away. If you are in the market for an outdoor ottoman or settee, for example, take your time and shop around – you may be able to find a better price down the road.
4. Be creative- Once you have got an idea of what kind of furniture you are looking for. Don’t be afraid to go off-script a bit. A mushroom table from Target might look great next to your red swing set – and it doesn’t take up as much space. Comparatively, a dogwood planter could fit plenty of flowers while bringing two different ideas together. It all depends on where you want to decorate and what style best puts you in mind style. Thin is in When it Comes to Furniture.
“It’s the way things have always been: You go with the flow,” explains Jennifer Morgan.
So if you see a new line of dining room furniture that looks great, buy it! You can always return it later, or lay it aside for potential refinishing. Rest assured that you won’t end up getting rid of something worth saving just because your place isn’t stocked with enough expanse and styling to match everything. Bring in more cabinets without removing what’s there. Use tables placed under counters instead of nearby tables and chairs to better space out pieces further. If a shelf is situated too close to walls near windows, stand mirrors beside it so they’re no longer closed in; similarly, recessed shelving can be especially useful when
What should you look for in a good piece of outdoor furniture?
Outdoor furniture is a great way to get some fun and relaxation in your outdoor space, whether it is a small deck or patio. However, before you go out and buy the most expensive piece of furniture, you should think about what you need and what will work best for your specific space.
First and foremost, you should consider how much room you have. If you only have a small deck or patio, then you may not need a big chair or lounger. Instead, consider getting an umbrella table or two chairs that can fold up for easy storage.
If you have more room, then the options are more varied. You can get a big chair with plenty of legroom or a chaise lounge with plenty of cushions. Also, you can get an all-in-one hammock and swing set that is perfect for small yards or areas.
You also need to think about what kind of weather you’re expecting. If it’s going to be hot all summer long, then an air-conditioned chair is going to be pointless. Instead, get something that can be folded up or stored away easily if the weather starts to change.
Weddings style outdoor furniture
If you’re looking for the perfect wedding style outdoor furniture, you don’t have to go far. Many of the best pieces are right inside your home! Whether you’re in the mood for striking modern furniture or rustic accents, there’s something here for you. From chaises to patios, get inspired by some of our favorite picks for outdoor wedding seating.
Now that we are halfway through the year, it’s time to start thinking about patio season. And what better way to kick off this summer tradition than by spending some time indoors? Whether you are looking to bring the outdoors in or vice versa, some amazing pieces of outdoor furniture are perfect for cozy indoor spaces. So whether you are ready to bust out the canopies and umbrellas or just want a solid table and chairs set, read on for some of our favorite picks.