When it comes to the hottest season of the year (and one of the most exhausting) we want to make sure that your child stays comfortable and cool when they’re out playing in the sun. In this blog post, we explore the best ways to understand how much time your baby or kid will be out in the sun and pick your outfit accordingly.
Different Types of Summer Outfits
Summertime is the time for family get-togethers, barbecues, and catching up with friends. But while you may be excited to let your little one run around and have fun, there’s one thing you sure don’t want them to do: wear the wrong outfit! Here are a few tips for picking the perfect summer outfits for your little one:
- Avoid exposing them to hot weather if possible by dressing them in cool and comfortable clothing. T-shirts, light jackets, and baby girl shorts are great choices. Avoid brightly colored clothing as it will only make it more uncomfortable. Instead, opt for softer pastels or neutrals.
- Start by considering their age and size. Younger children will likely need shorter pieces that will keep them cool, while older children might be more comfortable in longer items that can be worn loose or comfortably tied at the waist.
- Think about what activities they’ll be participating in. If they’re playing outside in the hot sun all day long, an outfit made from lightweight fabrics is ideal. For indoor play, heavier materials are needed to keep them comfortable indoors all day.
- Consider the weather forecast. Will it be sunny or cloudy? Will it be hot or cold? And finally, what season is it now anyway? This will help you decide which items are necessary for warmth and which are best suited for comfort in different weather conditions.
Types of Summer Clothes
Summertime is a great time to get your little one ready for summer. They can choose from a variety of clothes to fit their mood and activity level.
Here are some types of summer clothes your child may want to consider:
- A swimming costume. If they love going swimming, they will need a swimsuit. There are many different brands and styles to choose from.
- A simple T-shirt or tank top. This type of clothing can be worn on hot days in the sun or at the pool on a rainy day.
- A skirt or shorts for playing outside. This could be either full length or cut short like pajama bottoms so that they can move around easily and not get sandy.
Spring Clothing vs. Fall Clothes
When it comes to picking out clothing for your little one, it is important to be mindful of the seasons. Spring clothing is designed for warmer weather, while fall clothing is designed for cooler weather. When picking out clothes for your child in the summer, it is important to select pieces that can be easily layered so that your child can adjust their clothing as the weather shifts. Here are some tips for choosing summer clothes for your child:
- Select pieces that can be easily layered so that your child can adjust their clothing as the weather shifts. For example, a shirt and a jacket can be layered together, or a light dress can be layered over a top and bottom layer of heavy clothing.
- Avoid selecting excessively hot or cold items. Most children will not be able to tolerate extremely hot or cold temperatures well and will wind up frustrated and unhappy. Stick with items that are comfortable but still provide protection from the sun or rain.
- Consider selecting lighter colors rather than darker colors when selecting summer clothing. Lighter colors will help avoid looking too hot or too stuffy in the heat.
Top Tips for the Best Summer Outfits
When the weather starts to heat up, it’s time to think about what clothes your little one will need to stay cool. And while there’s no one perfect summer outfits, here are some tips on how to pick the right clothing for your child.
Start by choosing garments that will work with your child’s natural body type. If they are short, don’t choose clothing that is too long or baggy. If they are tall, make sure their clothing falls below the knees and doesn’t drag on the ground. The same goes for if they have a generally slim build – clothes that are too baggy or oversized might not look flattering on them.
When it comes to colors, choose shades that will help keep your child cool and comfortable in the heat. Different colors reflect different amounts of sunlight, so be sure to pick something that won’t make them sunburned easily.
Finally, consider what activities your little one will be doing during the summer months. Activities like swimming can require swimsuits that fit well and don’t ride up in the water, while others like playing outside may require shorts and a T-shirt.
Summertime is the perfect time to get your little one out of their shoes and into some more light-hearted attire. From brightly colored shorts to maxi dresses, there are plenty of options for little ones to enjoy the summer weather in style.